Biodegradable materials are capable of decomposition by natural processes especially bacteria. The use of these kinds of materials helps reduce the volume of waste in landfills. You should patronize products that have the lowest impact on the environment.
Next time you go to the supermarket, ponder on these:
- Does the product come in an easily recyclable packaging?
- Are the goods recently produced?
- Are the goods locally produced?
- Is the product water efficient?
- Is the product energy efficient?
If you are willing to take up on the challenge of helping yourself (and yes, the environment too) then choose products that answer yes to those questions. Consumer awareness of such information and the willingness to act accordingly will compel manufacturers and producers will make the change in their practices and develop “green” minds.