6. Calculate carbon footprint
A carbon footprint is defined as “the total sets of greenhouse gas emissions caused by and organization, event, product or a person”. The mitigation of carbon footprints through alternative projects like solar energy or wind energy is one way of reducing carbon footprint. This is known as carbon offsetting.
Perhaps the simplest example of a direct carbon emission is driving a car that uses fossil fuels. So hey, try doing the following:
- Leave the car keys. Try to buy a bike and just paddle around. You know the drill, more sweat, the better you become and a good way of helping the environment.
- Car maintenance. Make sure your car is well tuned up so it doesn’t emit harmful gases.
- It’s a great way to let your kids, or yourselves build relationships towards others.
- Use public transportation when possible.